These books were all purchased within the month of July, and most of these books are from Fully Booked, specifically from their SM Megamall branch. I don’t know if you guys are aware, but their branch had this 20% off sale last July, and I, obviously, took advantage of it. I took the chance to complete the Throne of Glass series and buy some new romantic contemporary books! Below are some details about my haul.
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP855.00
- Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Mass – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP874.00
- Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Mass – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP874.00
- The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Mass – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP874.00
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Mass – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP874.00
- An Ember in The Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP899.00
- Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP684.00
- Last Year’s Mistake by Gina Ciocca – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP684.00
- All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP432.00
(I KNOW, RIGHT?!)
- The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gibaldi – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP684.00
- The Last Letter from Your Lover by Jojo Moyes – Trade Paperback, from Fully Booked –PhP640.00
- Ship of Brides by Jojo Moyes – Trade Paperback, from Fully Booked –PhP640.00
- My Heart and Other Blackholes by Jasmine Warga – Trade Paperback, from Fully Booked –PhP399.00
These, on the other hand, are the books I brought home from the #BookwormsUnite last July 26. (Here’s a recap of that event)
- ARC of What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler
- Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
- Home Away From Home by Lorna J. Cook
- A Swoon Reads Sampler from Hazel of Stay Bookish
- Alex As Well by Alyssa Brugman
- Fuse by Julianna Baggott
Lastly, these two bright red books came in late for my monthly haul.
- Simon VS. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli – Hardbound, from Fully Booked –PhP684.00
- Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock by Matthew Quick – Trade Paperback, from Powerbooks –PhP399.00
And that concludes my July Bookhaul, and I would personally want to thank the following:
- Sir Lester and Ms. Sheila, and all the staff of Fully Booked SM Megamall for extending my reservations of the books I bought from their store;
- The donors of the books I got from #BookwormsUnite, which, unfortunately, I haven’t thanked personally yet;
- My good friend Aira Sarno for buying my Simon VS. The Homo Sapiens Agenda from that sale in Fully Booked SM North Edsa; and
- Rafael Ray Borja of The Royal Polar Bear Reads, for my copy of Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock! You are a generous soul, brother!
That concludes this post! What are your thoughts on the books I hauled? Are there some books you want to buddy read with me? Tell me all about it in the comments below!
So over the weekend, as I attended the #KMRinPH book signing event, I’ve received word that Fully Booked SM Megamall was having an on-going sale. So, being the sale-loving book hoarder that I am, I didn’t let this money-saving chance pass me by. Of course, I had to take advantage of this and planned on buying books from Sarah J. Maas’ Throne of Glass Series. And boy, was I not disappointed! Below are some details about my recent book haul.
- A Court of Thorns and Roses in Hardcover format by Sarah J. Maas – This book has been on my to-buy list ever since I started hearing about Sarah J. Maas and her books. And so, after days of waiting and book hunting, I finally have it! I actually have no idea as to what this book is about but I do know that this is a book filled with fantasy and world-building. Let me see how this book will treat me. Originally priced as Php874.00, thanks to the 20% off sale, I snagged this book for only Php699.20!
- Throne of Glass in Hardcover format by Sarah J. Maas – Just like A Court of Thorns and Roses, after hearing numerous praises from several book friends, I finally decided on buying this book from the series of the same name. Man, I heard nothing but good things about this series and I wanted to give it a try. And oh, look at the gorgeous cover! Originally priced as Php855.00, thanks to the 20% off sale, I snagged this book for only Php684.00!
- All The Bright Places in Hardcover format by Jennifer Niven – If you’re a close friend of mine, you would know how much I love this book. This is by far my favorite read of 2015, and when I first bought and read it, I bought a trade paperback copy because I wasn’t able to find it hardcover format. And I needed to buy it again in hardcover because it was just that good! So as I browsed the shelves of Fully Booked, I came across a copy of this book which had a “Damaged Copy – Less 20%” mark on it’s back. Curious, I checked the book for damage and I saw that it was only minimal. And since it wasn’t my priority that day, I placed it back on the shelves. Upon payment of my books, I discovered through one of their staff that a damaged copy would still incur 20% less due to their sale, and therefore, if I buy the damaged copy, I would get a total of 40% off. So I raced back to where it was, and guess what! I bought it for only Php432.00! It was originally priced at Php720.00! What a steal, right? ♥
- The Ship of Brides in Trade Paperback format by Jojo Moyes – This was actually and impulsive purchase. I don’t know but there’s something about Jojo Moyes and her books that makes her one of my auto-buy authors. And it’s a contemporary book so I feel like it’s such a great buy. Originally priced as Php640.00, thanks to the 20% off sale, I snagged this book for only Php512.00!
And there you have it! Over the weekend, I spent a total of Php2,328.00. Yes, I am that much of an addict, and that much of a book hoarder. And guess what. I am not finished yet. Hopefully, by the end of this week, I save enough book money to buy the 3 remaining books by Sarah J. Maas entitled Crown of Midnight, Heir of Fire, and The Assassin’s Blade. Good God, this is such an expensive vice.
What are some of your latest book purchases? Leave some comments and let me know what you got! 🙂