Last Sunday, November 12, 2017, I had the honor of meeting two of the most inspiring authors whose works I’ve recently come to love, Jasmine Warga and Jennifer E. Smith through the efforts of National Bookstore. I’ve had a blast getting to know them both as writers and as well as spending the day with my friends. Read on for a detailed recap of #JenandJasinPH!
Continue reading “Event Recap #26: #JenandJasinPH Recap + Bookhaul”
My good friend Bea of Confessions of a Pinay Bookaholic nominated me for “The Book Fangirling Blog Award”. Thank you for this, Bea! Everyone, you should all check her blog out! Also, you may check out her nomination post here.
Continue reading “[Book Tags #7] The Book Fangirling Blog Award”
All purchased within the month of August, these books are all part of my shelves now! These books were bought from various book stores, but their value to me now is all the same. And yes, I’m back to purchasing these books with a regular 10% discount. *sighs* There were no sales, nor employee discounts this time. *cries a river*
And so, without further ado, let’s get this awesome post started. I can’t wait to see what you guys have to say about the books I got this month! 🙂
Starting from the bottom to the top:
- Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling – Hardbound, from National Bookstore Warehouse Sale – Php100.00
- The Good Luck of Right Now by Matthew Quick – Trade Paperback, from National Bookstore – Php575.00
- Love May Fail by Matthew Quick – Trade Paperback, from National Bookstore – Php699.00
- Broken Hearts, Fences, and Other Things to Mend by Katie Finn – Hardbound, from my friend, Ms. Soleil.
- Memories by Lang Leav – Hardbound, from Power Books – Php749.00
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken – Hardbound, from Fully Booked – Php720.00
- Never Fade by Alexandra Bracken – Hardbound, from Fully Booked – Php720.00
- In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken – Hardbound, from Fully Booked – Php760.00
- Every Last Word by Tamara Ireland Stone – Hardbound, from Fully Booked – Php760.00
- Aristotle and Dante Discover The Secrets of The Universe – Hardbound, from Fully Booked – Php684.00
- My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga- Hardbound, from Fully Booked – Php684.00
- Winger by Andrew Smith – Hardbound, from Fully Booked – Php595.00
There you have it, book nerds! Not as strong as last month’s haul, but I love the books I got this month!
Now, I would like to thank the following:
- Ms. Shiela and Sir Lester of Fully Booked SM Megamall and Ms. MJ and Sir Timothy of Fully Booked, Katipunan, for their excellent customer service and great relations.
- Ms. Soleil, a lovely person who I’ve only met online through our mutual love for books, but happens to be a very close friend of mine.
- My mom for gifting The Good Luck of Right Now to me; And
- The Lord for helping me save all the funds I purchased these books with! You never fail to amaze me!
What are your thoughts on the books I got? Have you read any of these? Or are there titles here that you look forward to reading? Let me know on the comments down below! 🙂