The amazing Trisha Ann of The Bookgasm Blog tagged me to do the Midyear Book Freak Out Tag! You should check out her entry here. I’ve been wanting to do this tag for quite some time now, but, as you may already know, I just came back from a hiatus because of my exams, but now, no one or nothing is going to stop me from this tag! Huzzah!
Continue reading “[Book Tags #6] The Midyear (3rd Quarter, Actually) Book Freak Out Tag”
These books were all purchased within the month of February. I have to say, this month’s haul was something rather hard for me to do, considering that I started the month with, literally, no money. Although my copy of Golden Son didn’t came from my own savings. It was sent to me by my good friend @RedHelldiver from Twitter. It’s kind of a long story, and I will post it below. But here are some details regarding my book purchases:
- Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern – (Bought February 1, 2015) Bought it from an online seller, and I had to trade my copy of Attachments for it. No additional cash. Paperback, Movie Tie-in.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – (Bought Februar 6, 2015) Fully Booked Katipunan, Hardbound, 760.00PhP
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown – (Bought February 11, 2015) Got my copy overseas from a good guy from Twitter. (Let me tell you the story as to how I acquired my copy. This started last December 2014.) When I went on bookstore hopping to find said book, I was disappointed to find out that our local bookstores won’t be receiving stocks anytime soon. When I got home I posted a tweet to Pierce Brown. My good friend @RedHelldiver replied and said that he was interested in sending me a (SIGNED) copy if I get 10 of my friends to read the first book in the series, Red Rising, and get them to tweet something about said book and mention him. After 3 days, all my friends did tweet him, and he immediately had the book shipped via USPS. It arrived on the 11th of February. Thank you, my good man! I am forever indebted to you! It’s Hardbound, and it costs 995.00PhP in our local bookstores.
- Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy Boxed Set by E.L. James – (Bought February 20, 2015) – Bought this set from my good book friend, Mia Garcia for the same amount as the price at our local bookstores. Boxed Set, 995.00PhP
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – (Bought February 21, 2015) Powerbooks Trinoma, Hardbound, 649.00Php
- Better Than Perfect by Melissa Kantor – (Bought February 25, 2015) Powerbooks Trinoma, Hardbound, 649.00Php
- Girl Online by Zoe Sugg – (Bought February 27, 2015) Powerbooks Trinoma, Hardbound, 649.00Php
After my January book haul, I accumulated a total of 10,930.00Php worth of receipts from Powerbooks, allowing me to sign up for their discount card for free. And after my application for said card, I was able to get some of these books with less 10% discounts! Life is good! And so is God! Thanks to Fully Booked, Powerbooks, and @RedHelldiver for my February Book Haul! I’ll post something like this again by the end of March! 🙂