For the past 3 months, I got a little too preoccupied with work, and a couple of other miscellaeno stuff and found no time to take into account and shoot photos of all the books (and other “stuff”) I got for the first quarter of the year. I pretty much got some amazing titles with thanks, as always, to my friends from both Penguin Random House, and HarperCollins International. Ah, but enough of that! Here’s my January – March 2017 book haul!
From left to right, top to bottom, here are some of the Young / New Adult Books I got:
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber (Bought it because I had to, you know? Especially after having read and loved it last year! Oh, you may check out my review here.)
- Archie Volume 1: The New Riverdale by Mark Waid, Fiona Staples, Annie Wu, and Veronica Fish (Bought it because I need to at least try and read a few volumes of the comics since I’m growing rather fond of the new Riverdale series, for reasons I’m sure most, if not all of you, understands.)
- Boy Robot by Simon Curtis (This one I had to get because of how much my friend Joey seems to love it. And yes, I trust his judgments 100%.)
- (ARC) Lucky Boy by Shanthi Sekaran (This title came as a recommendation from my friends at Penguin Random House, and I already read it, and gave it 5 stars! My review’s already up if you want to check it out.)
- (ARC) Windfall by Jennifer E. Smith (This is one of my most anticipated titles of the year! Not only is it a book by the talented Jen E. Smith, but it’s also a story about my favorite trope: It’s a bestfriends turned lovers story! Also, I’m planning on hosting a blog tour for this, so keep an eye out for announcements!)
- (ARC) Goodbye Days by Jeff Zentner (This one, on the other hand, came as no suprise to me since I hopelessly fell in love with Jeff Zentner and his debut novel, The Serpent King. I already read this title, and I loved it even more than Jeff’s debut.)
- (ARC) Words in Deep Blue by Cath Crowley (I’m excited about this one mainly because it’s pitched as a good book for everyone who likes Nicola Yoon’s, Jenny Han’s, Morgan Matson’s, and/or Stephanie Perkins’ books!)
- (ARC) Lucky Girl by Amanda Maciel (I’m all for empowering books about feminism, or any other related topics or themes, so I knew I had to get my grabby hands on this!)
- (ARC) Forever, or a Long, Long Time by Caela Carter (This title I already read back in January, and gave it 5 stars! I haven’t gotten around to posting a detailed review for this, but I do have a word vomit review over at Goodreads which you may check out here.)
- (ARC) The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (This title I got as a blog tour material I’m hosting with the help of my friends from HarperCollins International. It’s quite the revolutionary book, and I’m so honored to have been able read this in advance and to host a blog tour for this. Check out my blog tour post here.)
- Sway by Kat Spears (This one’s totally an impulsive purchase as I saw this labeled with 50% off! Who could honestly say no to such a steal of a deal?)
- #famous by Jilly Gagnon (This one I already read last January via Edelweiss, and I absolutely ADORED every single page so I needed to get my hands on a finished copy. Oh, and if you have the time, check out my review for this here.)
- Wires and Nerve by Marissa Meyer and Douglas Holgate (Do I have to go on as to why I need this in my life? COME ON!)
Again, from left to right, here are the #romanceclass / #SparkNA books I got:
- Beginner’s Guide: Love and Other Chemical Reactions by Six De Los Reyes (Already read and loved this one! Full review to come, of course, but for now check out my quick review over at Goodreads here!)
- All That Glitters by Ines Bautista-Yao (Same with Beginner’s Guide, I already read and absolutely loved this! Also have a review over at Goodreads for this!)
- What About Today by Dawn Lanuza
- The Boyfriend Backtrack by Dawn Lanuza
- Savor by Kate Evangelista
- Serenade by Claire Du
- Sounds Like Summer by Six De Los Reyes
- Midnights in Bali by Carla De Guzman
- Simply Joei by Clare Elisabeth Marquez
- Never Just Friends by Mina V. Esguerra
- Submission Moves by Camilla Sisco
- Marry Me, Charlotte B! by Carla De Guzman
- We Go Together by Carla De Guzman
- Fall Like Rain by Ana Tejano
- Make My Wish Come True, a #romanceclass holiday anthology
- If The Dress Fits by Carla De Guzman (This one, I buddy read with Jem of The Bibliophile Confessions, and I still have no words as to how to define how I feel about this. I did love everything about it, don’t get me wrong.)
- The Last Time I’ll Write About You by Dawn Lanuza
As for March, I really didn’t expect to be able to get my hands on a Playstation 4 console! I’ve been meaning to get a unit since I started working, but only found the extra budget this month to actually buy one.
But on a very unrelated note, however, I just want to let y’all know that Horizon Zero Dawn, that game released last February 28, 2017 from Guerrilla Games, is one of the best games I have ever played! Definitely worth buying it’s limited edition.
Anyway, that’s it for this post! And yes, I think it’s more than safe to say that I definitely lost control yet again, this time on a monumental level.
What’s YOUR latest bookish purchase? Let me know through the comment section below!
Until the next one!