Hi, everyone! It’s been over two months since I last shared a book haul post. I have to say, now that I’m finally a college graduate, I don’t get allowances anymore, and buying books is quite hard when you don’t have the budget for it. (Let’s be honest, it’s quite an expensive addiction, right?) So it took me two months to gather all these hype-worthy books and talk about them here on this book haul post! So anyway, let’s get down to all the books I bought between the months of June and July!
- I bought More Happy Than Not in Trade Paperback format for Php484.00 when me and my friends made it a “book to buddy read” for the month of June. This was such an amazing debut novel, and you must check out my review of this book here.
- I bought The Crown in Hardcover format for Php799.00 after a month it was released to let the hype die down, and I loved it! Not what I was expecting, but I still loved it! My review will go live this week, so stay tuned!
- I bought The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle in Hardcover format for Php839.00 as an impulsive purchase because the store had a 20% off sale, and how could I ever say no to that?
- I bought When We Collided in Hardcover format for Php882.00 because I got ultimately curious of all the hype it got during it’s week of release! I’m planning on reading it this month, unless I completely butcher my TBR.
- My mom gifted me with cash during my graduation, and decided to allot a few pesos and bought Summer Days and Summer Nights in Hardcover format for Php980.00 because it was summer then, and I needed a good summer read. Also, I love anthologies, and this will be great for my collection.
- My aunt gifted me The Crown’s Game in Hardcover format (Php688.00) because she knows I love reading books under this genre, and we both adore Russian history.
Sending my friends at Penguin Random House International a huge THANK YOU for sending me all these books for review!
- An ARC of How To Hang A Witch was sent to me to take part of Penguin Random House’s #ThrillerThursday campaign! I finished reading this the other day, and my review will be up as publication date gets closer! It was great for a thriller read about The Salem Witch Trials!
- An ARC of The Sun Is Also A Star was sent to me upon request because I just adored Nicola Yoon’s debut novel, Everything, Everything, hands down! It’s my current read as of the moment, and I’m loving it so far!
- An ARC of Holding Up The Universe was sent to me, also upon request, because I needed it so badly. Also, it’s an understatement to say that I loved All The Bright Places. I finished reading this weeks ago, and, as expected, I love it! Review to follow as publication date gets closer!
- A finished copy of Tell Me Three Things was sent to me, also upon request, because I was intrigued with the book’s premise, and most of my blogger friends loved it, so I just needed this in my hands. Unfortunately, when I checked it out at our local book stores, they still haven’t stocked on this yet, so I requested.
- A finished copy of A Totally Awkward Love Story was sent to me to take part of Penguin Random House’s #SummerYARomance campaign! I read this last June, and it was awesome! Check out my review here.
Overall, many thanks to National Book Store, Powerbooks Store, and Fully Booked for helping me get a hold of these books. For holding my reservations until I had the time to drop by and get them. Also, to Penguin Random House for all their generosity.
And now, a Life Update…
So, over the past couple of days, I’ve been applying for and gathering several documents and clearances because just last week, I landed a job at a local developing firm as a Human Resource and Admin Assistant! It’s not much, but everyone has to start somewhere, right? So, anyway, just wanted to share with everyone this fabulous news, and, hopefully, this doesn’t mean the start of a humongous hiatus, because I sure as heck do not want to leave this community behind! I’ve been having the time of my life blogging, and I’ll be sure to prioritize and plan ahead for the weeks to come. Oh, and I start some time this week! I’m so excited, and I can’t wait to meet all the lovely people in the office.
So that’s it’s for this post! I loved all the titles I got for the past months that went by, and I can’t wait to read them all and add them to my never ending TBR!
What’s YOUR latest book purchase? Also, mind sharing your thoughts about the books I got? Tell me through the comment section down below!
Until the next one, book nerds!