Earlier this year, I signed up to be a part of this amazing thing Nori’s hosting, and it’s called the Book Blogger Creativity Project! Basically, it aims to let those who joined to get a chance to revamp their creativity in publishing book blog posts. During the time, I was in a massive blogging slump, and I just got out of my college internship, and no doubt, I needed a few activities to get my creative juices flowing! I was lucky to be a part of Team Violet together with Nori of Read Write Love 28, Pam of Pamela Nicole Writes, Aradhna of Folded Between The Pages of Books, Kim of Divergent Gryffindor, and Tiffany of The Bookish Thought. Also, I would love it if you guys could check out their blogs! They publish magnificent reviews!
So basically, Team Violet’s idea for this project is to come up with different types of quizzes that would, in the end, recommend a specific book from a specific genre to readers. In my case, my quiz will recommend Young Adult Dystopian novels. It’s not that deep, and if you’re an avid dystopian reader, you might be able to guess the books I’m about to recommend. Answer the quiz and check out my recommendation!
By the way, to honor the recommendation, I encourage you to not read past the questions if you haven’t answered them yet. This is to make sure everyone’s recommendation accuracy!
What kind of dystopian novel are you feeling in the mood for?
A. Something about a main character with undiscovered powers and rather a blurry past who is trying to survive.
B. Something about fighting for what you believe is right, even if it means accepting that everything you’ve been told from the beginning is a lie, with a few hints of romance.
C. Something that’s leaning more towards romance, highlighting the importance of making good decisions.
D. Something about a corrupt government with main characters trying to overthrow and fight for a better future for themselves and their city.
When you read dystopian novels, what setting are you most interested in?
A. Post-America, where times truly have changed and it’s an all-out war everywhere, because you believe that chaos and destruction is the only way to go.
B. You like the idea of states being renamed, and having the people re-evaluated as to where should they be assigned according to wealth and ability.
C. Post-America, where the entire state is governed by royalty and engages everyone to try and become as concerned as can be with daily life.
D. Post-America, where times have truly changed, but peace and order still remains, and yet, life has been unfair for a few others. Also, people are divided by houses, segregating the society.
How do you like your protagonists?
A. You want them reserved and fully closed to the world. But, deep inside, you know how brave and courageous they are. They just need a little push.
B. You like them fully established since the beginning. Brave, loyal, and true to their values. You also consider their honesty and genuinity.
C. You might also like them stubborn at first. Completely irritating because of how suckish they make their decisions.
D. Or you prefer your MCs to be a bit action-packed, and filled with dreams that somehow, they can change the world with their visions.
You go into a dark, and rather unexplored part of the forest bringing three things. What are they?
A. A cloak/cape, a few friends, and a flashlight, of course!
B. A grappling hook, a small gun, and your highly trained guts.
C. You won’t be bringing anything because halfway towards the woods, you realize that you DON’T want to go into the dark, and rather unexplored part of the forest, and so you go home, feeling satisfied with yourself.
D. A bow, and some arrows? Also, your hunting skills might not count as a thing, but it’s definitely a part of you, so you have to bring it. And, some first aid items.
And last but not the least, what do you prefer from the following?
A. Undiscovered potential from a character. This is where good character development comes from.
B. A good romance to back up an even greater action story.
C. Romance. Romance. NOTHING BUT PURE ROMANCE!!
D. Changing one’s way of life is actually a good story line for a dystopian novel.
- If you answered mostly As, I recommend reading The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken! The Darkest Minds is a dystopian series about Ruby, a girl who is shunned by her parents, and seeks refuge in a group of teens with special, and sometimes, undiscovered abilities. Some defining words for this series include: Survival, Thrill, and Self-improvement.
- If you answered mostly Bs, I recommend reading The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu! Legend is about June Iparis and Daniel Wing, two characters who come from different environments who, by chance, meet because of compromising situations and they have their hearts set in proving their government wrong. Some defining words for this trilogy include: Action, Romance, and Confidence.
- If you answered mostly Cs, I recommend reading The Selection Series by Kiera Cass! The Selection is a dystopian novel about royalty, governing a kingdom, and finding love in the most likeliest of places. Reading this is reminiscent of watching The Batchelor, but with sparkling dresses included. Hopefully, this series could teach you a thing or two about decision making. *laughs* Some defining words include: Swoon, royalty, and family.
- If you answered mostly Ds, I recommend reading The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins! I think this one goes without saying that it’s about a rebellion, and fighting for a better future, not only for the main characters, but for their society as well. A Young Adult classic, The Hunger Games would surely keep you on the edge of your seats, waiting in anticipation for what happens next. Some defining words include: Bravery, hunting, and rebellion.
That’s it for this post, everyone! I hope you enjoyed answering my humble quiz! I was supposed to use Quizzr, but found that I’m not knowledgeable as to how to embed the quiz, so I drafted it manualy!
Also, I would love it if you could check out my group mates’ quizzes as well!
- July 11th: Pam‘s Paranormal quiz
- July 13th: Nori‘s Sci-Fi quiz
- July 14th: Aradhna‘s Fantasy quiz
- July 15th: Kim‘s Contemporary quiz
- July 16th: Tiffany‘s Historical Fiction quiz
Did YOU answer my quiz? What recommendation did you get? Tell me all about it in the comment section below!
Until the next one, book nerds!