Hi, all! I’m so ecstatic to be able to post again after all that’s happened for me during my senior year in college! By the time this is posted, my internship will have ended, and all I’ll be waiting for is my graduation and the release of a few books. I’m listing down a few life updates, should you wonder where I’ve been for the past few weeks.
- My Hotel Internship at Raffles and Fairmont Hotel, Makati, ended last April 29! – Remember when I told everyone just how excited I was to go to work to Fairmont as an intern, and experience three months of educating myself in hotel operations? Yeah, my contract with them ended last week, and I’m finally free as a bird! That internship killed not only my social life, but also my Goodreads Reading Challenge (wherein I am 12 books behind schedule.), and I am so glad to be back, and I hope to catch up with everyone soon!
- There are 34 days left before my graduation! – If there’s a non-bookish event that I am gravely excited for, it’s this. I’ve been studying for the past 16 years of my life, and I can’t wait to see the world in a different perspective. They say that as adults, you’ll miss the feeling of studying once you’re pursuing your career, I say “Let me be the judge of that!” Haha!
- Jennifer Niven, New York Times Bestselling Author of one of my most favorite books, All The Bright Places, will have a book signing event in the Philippines this May 29! – If you happen to live under a rock (lol, I’m sorry for the attitude) and haven’t heard of this amazing news yet, National Book Store is bringing Jennifer here on May 28th and 29th for a signing event! If you know me at all, you’ll know just how affected I am for this news. I love Jennifer, and I love her book, and to say that I’m excited for this is a big understatement.
- I went to the No Love Allowed Book Launching Event last week, and it was awesome! – So, I finally met Kate Evangelista, the Filipina YA author of several books (Til Death, Savor, Taste, etc.) and it was lovely! I’ll be posting a mini recap of that event within the week, so keep your eyes peeled!
So, anyway, I also went on a book haul the other day to celebrate the end of my internship contract. I haven’t been on a book store hopping session for 3 months and you can just imagine the agony! I got the most wonderful titles!
- I bought A Court of Mist and Fury in Harrdcover format for Php931.00 yesterday right after my exit interview at Fairmont Hotel. It was the day of release, and I wasn’t actually hoping to see it already in stock, but I was shocked to see it on Fully Booked’s shelves!
- I bought Truthwitch in Hardcover format for Php931.00 last March after Sarah J. Maas’ Manila signing event, and everyone knows just how excited I am for this book’s release, so I had to buy it, and I’m actually reading it now. Halfway through the book, and I’m lovin’ it!
- Penguin Random House International sent me a Hardcover copy of Sleeping Giants last May 3rd, and I am more than grateful to have been sent yet another book from Del Rey Spectra for review! Oh, and I’m in love with the cover!
- I bought No Love Allowed in Paperback format for Php449.00 in preparation for the book launch, which I’ll be posting about within the next few days!
- My good friend Rafael Ray of The Royal Polar Bear Reads gifted me with a Hardcover copy of Passenger last March. It’s one of my most anticipated reads for 2016, although I haven’t started reading it yet. (lol, please don’t judge me) Thank you, Raf! I appreciate this grand gesture!
- I impulsively bought Once Upon A Dream in Hardcover format for Php792.00 during the weekend because Maleficent happens to be my favorite Disney villain of all time, and I’m quite curious about this one, because it’s garnering mixed reviews on Goodreads.
- I finally bought The Siren in Hardcover format for Php685.00 after months of wanting to read it, because it’s a Kiera Cass book, and I had to have it!
- I bought the newly released The Unexpected Everything in Hardcover format for Php720.00 yesterday too! I was actually choosing between this and The Trials of Apollo: The Hidden Oracle, but I considered the fact that Morgan Matson will be visiting the Philippines for a signing event sometime soon, and chose to buy it instead.
And that’s it for this post! I would like to thank my friends from Fully Booked Megamall and Greenbelt for prioritizing my book reservations, Rafael for gifting me such a wonderful book, and Kuya Jiru and Ate Camille for everything that they do for me and our bookish family.
So, how’s everyone? I’ve been AWOL for 3 months! Help me catch up! What’s everyone reading these days? What’s cool? Share your thoughts via the comment section below! I seriously want to hear from you guys. 🙂
Until the next one, book freaks!