October was the month when I took a full-on break from hauling books, which, as it turned out, wasn’t the brightest idea. See, some of the best releases were scheduled for this month! Books like Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo, Carry On by Rainbow Rowell, Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan, Happily Ever After by Kiera Cass and a whole lot more! See, the reason as to why I took a break was to get ready for my birthday, which was last November 1, by the way. I saved up to cook for my friends as we celebrated my 20th birthday. The good thing about this was, I have such sweet friends and they gifted me with books from my wish list!!
The books I’m posting about tonight were all gifted to me by my friends except for some select titles. Others were purchased with the use of gift certificates from both Fully Booked and National Book Store. Let me share them with you!
- Truest by Jackie Lea Sommers from Fully Booked (Php684.00)
- The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler from Fully Booked (Php684.00) Purchased, along with Truest, with the aid of Fully Booked gift certificates from my friend, Jiru Malonzo.
- Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson from Fully Booked (Php720.00) Gifted to me by my friend, Jennylyn Ecoy.
- The Rose Society (Signed Copy) by Marie Lu from Fully Booked (Php817.00) Gifted to me by my friend, Bonn Reyes.
- Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard: The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan from Fully Booked (Php845.00) Gifted to me by my friend, Godwin Cantre.
- Happily Every After by Kiera Cass from National Book Store (Php685.00) Purchased with the aid of NBS gift certificates from my Tita Bulin.
- Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman from Fully Booked (Php435.00) Gifted to me by my friends Diana Oclares and Royce Ariola.
- Si, Macarthur, Lumayo Ka Nga Sa Akin, and Ang Mga Kaibigan ni Mama Susan, all by Bob Ong from National Book Store (prices may vary) Gifted to me by my friends MJ Mola and Aidz Cabrera.
- The Fate of Ten by Pittacus Lore from National Book Store (Php685.00) I bought this one myself after I endured our Prelim Exams. Lol.
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson from Fully Booked (Php350.00) Gifted to me by my friend from the bookstagram community, Cath of @bookanthology.
Now, I would like to take this chance to thank my friends for, first, spending their October 30th with me as I celebrated my birthday in advance. In addition, I also want to extend my deepest gratitude for the gifts they’ve given me, which, I have to say, brought me big smiles and left me with a warm heart. I never expected to receive so many, and so, a thank you note is due. Thank you, friends! You are all lovely!