September is a month of numerous book sales here in the Philippines. As some of you may know, the Manila International Book Fair, which was recently concluded last September 20, was a grand event tailored for bibliophiles nationwide. Local book stores such as Fully Booked and National Book Store were there to participate and sell books with discounts of up to 50% off to bookworms who were looking forward to stacking their shelves as well. Powerbooks, another local book store here in the PH, also had their “Power Sale” offering discounts of up to 50% off as well. Of course, I wasn’t going to let this month pass me by without even taking advantage of these sales, and so, I am posting my monthly book haul!
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go to SMX for the MIBF. My schedule and academic responsibilities prohibited me from doing so, but that did not stop me from buying books that’s going to end up in my long list of TBRs. And now, without further ado, let me present, my September book haul!
The ARC and #CTCinPH Book Haul
- (ARC) What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler from National Book Store
- (ARC) Fans of The Impossible Life by Kate Scelsa from National Book Store
- (ARC) Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy from National Book Store (This one’s only lent to me by my good friend Jayvee, the Misfit Writer. Thank you, love!)
- Never Never Part 1 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher from Powerbooks Store (Php649.00)
- Never Never Part 2 by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher from Powerbooks Store (Php649.00)
- The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher from Powerbooks Store (Php449.00)
- His Wounded Light by Christine Brae from Powerbooks Store (Php449.00)
- Insipid by Christine Brae from Powerbooks Store (Php449.00)
The Fully Booked Katipunan 20% Off Sale
- Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas from Fully Booked (Php912.00)
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy from Fully Booked (Php684.00)
- Cress by Marissa Meyer from Fully Booked (Php855.00)
- Never Always Sometimes by Adi Alsaid from Fully Booked (Php774.00)
- Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon from Fully Booked (Php817.00)
The #NBSCutPrice2015 Book Haul
The Mortal Instruments Boxed Set by Cassandra Clare from National Book Store (Php2,845.00)
After having been able to share this with you guys, I just realized that me missing the Manila International Book Fair wasn’t too bad after all. I got some of the books that I was dying to buy and read for months now, and I got almost all of them with 20% discounts. Life is good. Life is good indeed.
Now, I would really like to send my deepest gratitude to these people for helping me obtain my massive book haul for this month:
- To Sir Tim, Ms. MJ, and Sir Joshua of Fully Booked Katipunan for never getting tired of my queries and for always approving my reservation extensions, and also, for informing me about their branch’s sale. Thank you, you guys are awesome!
- To my good friend, Mia Garcia, for giving me a copy of Never Never 2. I love you, you sweet pea. Never forget that I’m always here for you. Never Never. (See what I did there?)
- To Ms. Che and Ms. Jean of Powerbooks Greenbelt for accommodating my tons of book reservations, even if sometimes, it takes me weeks before I could claim them. You, ladies, are lovely!
- To the people of National Book Store for hosting online contests and giving away ARCs of some of September’s most anticipated books. You guys rock!
And there you have it, bookworms! My September Book Haul! Now, enlighten me. What’s your most recent purchase for this month? Share your answers through the comment section. I would love to hear from you!