So last June 14, I was nominated by Vicki of Between Pages for the Liebster Award. To those of you who haven’t heard about this, it’s an award given over the internet, to bloggers by other bloggers, which happens to be a medium as to help them gain more friends, or possible followers. If an awardee chooses to accept the award he/she must comply with these rules:
- Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
- Answer eleven questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate eleven blogs with less than 200 followers that you think are deserving of the award.
- Let the bloggers know you have nominated them.
- Give them eleven questions to answer.
Simple, right? Now, let me answer Vicki’s 11 questions.
JM’S ANSWERS TO VICKI’S 11 QUESTIONS:
- What are your top 5 favorite series of all time?
- The Selection Series by Kiera Cass
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series by Rick Riordan
- Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu
- The Lorien Legacies Series by Pittacus Lore
- What book do you love that most people seem to hate? Well isn’t this a timely question. How to Love by Katie Cotugno is one of my favorites that some of my friends seem to strongly dislike. I love the idea of falling in love with the same person twice and I strongly believe in second chances, and that made me fall deeply in love with Katie Cotugno’s debut novel. I don’t know why others seems to hate it.
- What genres of books do enjoy reading the most? Out of all the genres I have come to read about, my absolute favorites are CONTEMPORARIES and DYSTOPIAN novels. I love contemporaries because they don’t give me a hard time imagining the world or setting build-up. And who doesn’t love realistic fiction, right? And as for the latter, I love dystopian novels because it’s like an actual glimpse of the future.
- Whose story do you want to hear more of after a book/series finished? Uhm, I would still want to know what happens to the protagonists after a book/series is finished.
- If you could live in any fantasy world, which would you choose and why? I would really want to live in Camp Half Blood (or Camp Jupiter). How cool would it be to meet and bond with other demigods out there, right?
- Do you eat while reading or do you fear for your book? I don’t eat while I read, but I do drink coffee and/or hot drinks. Most of the time.
- What are your top 3 books you have read so far this year? My top 3 books so far this year is The Heir by Kiera Cass, All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, and Confess by Colleen Hoover. In no specific order.
- What is your favorite book to movie adaptation? So far, my favorite book to movie adaptation has got to be The Fault In Our Stars. I cried while reading the book. I cried while watching the movie. That’s good enough for me.
- What author would you most like to meet and why? I’ve been asked this question several times already and unfortunately, I really can’t choose one.
- Colleen Hoover – Meeting the queen of contemporary novels would be a treat! Being the author of some of my most favorite contemporaries, she certainly is one of my “to-meet” authors. And thank God, she’ll be here at this year’s MIBF!
- Jennifer Niven – She’s the author of All The Bright Places, my favorite novel so far this year! Her writing style is impeccable and she has a way with her fans. She, herself, is a lovely place! Hopefully she could visit the Philippines sometime soon.
- Kiera Cass – She’s the author of my all-time favorite, the Selection series. Not only is she great with her writing, but she’s also great with her fans! She visited the Philippines not so long ago, but I wasn’t such an active book lover back then. But she’ll be coming back this September!
- John Green – need I actually say more? John Green’s a literary legend. And his Looking for Alaska, just like many others, is my favorite.
- Pierce Brown – It’s because of his work, Red Rising, that I began loving Sci-fi novels. I grew fond of his classy (and sassy) writing style, and am extremely hoping that he visits the Philippines for a chance to not only thank him personally for hooking me up to his genre, but to have my books signed as well.
- If you could become a character in a book who would you choose and why? Hands down, I would really want to be Percy Jackson from the series of the same name. Who doesn’t want to live in a world where Greek Gods, and Demigods are real, right? And yes, I want to be a son of Poseidon.
- What book are you most looking forward to being released this year? Hm. This question’s a tough one. Out of all the 2015 releases, I’ve waited most in anticipation for P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han, The Rose Society by Marie Lu, More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera, Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy, What We Saw by Aaron Hartzler, The Night We Said Yes by Lauren Gabaldi, Last Year’s Mistake by Gina Ciocca, and Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway. And yes, I’ve just listed 8 novels.
Oh god. Those are quite a lot of questions. Now, below are some random facts about me.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT JM:
- I don’t eat cheese flavored chips without mayonnaise.
- I prefer buying books in hardcover format rather than paperback for the sole reason that they look better in shelves.
- It took me a long time before finally deciding on what to blog about, thus the Book Freak Revelations.
- I prefer wearing shorts over pants because of the Philippines’ tropical weather. Well, except when it rains.
- I love the colors Pink & Green, Pink & Blue, Pink & Yellow. Well, basically, I love Pink.
- I absolutely love satchel and rucksack bags.
- I love cooking too. I firmly believe that the way through a person’s heart is through their stomach.
- Blogging is my passion, but I don’t know if people even appreciate what I do. 😦
- Photography is also one of my interests but I don’t the equipment to practice it.
- I feel most creative when I am outside. While riding public transportation, sipping coffee in cafes, etc.
- And I don’t like We Were Liars by E. Lockhart.
MY 11 NOMINEES FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
- Justine from Bookworm Maniac
- Kevin from Tomebound
- Josiah from The Bookish Fanboy
- Nicka from Read by Nicka
- Eunice from Nerdy Talks Book Blog
- Jasmine from Jasmine Pearl Reads
- Rexy from Reading Rexy
- Lawrence from Pages Unraveled
- Pearl from Biblio Pearl
- Luigi from Reading with Luigi
- Mara from Across the Books
11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES:
- What book got you into reading?
- What’s your favorite contemporary novel?
- If you were to be invited by an author to a private meet & greet, who would it be and why?
- What book is it that you hate that a lot of people seem to love?
- If you’re stranded on a dessert island and can only bring 3 books, what books would it be and why?
- If you’re to give your non-bibliophile friend a book, what would it be and why?
- If you’re given the chance to resurrect one (dead) fictional character, who would it be and why?
- How do you usually handle spoilers?
- Do you prefer books in hardcover, paperback, or ebook format? Why?
- If you could recommend a fantasy book to a reader who’s not a big fan of fantasy, what book would it be and why?
- What are your most anticipated reads of 2015?
There you have it. I hope my nominees enjoy answering and making a post like this one as much as I did. Thank you again, Vicki, for nominating me. She’s such a sweetie! Y’all should go and check out her blog! 🙂