These books were all purchased within the month of February. I have to say, this month’s haul was something rather hard for me to do, considering that I started the month with, literally, no money. Although my copy of Golden Son didn’t came from my own savings. It was sent to me by my good friend @RedHelldiver from Twitter. It’s kind of a long story, and I will post it below. But here are some details regarding my book purchases:
- Love, Rosie by Cecilia Ahern – (Bought February 1, 2015) Bought it from an online seller, and I had to trade my copy of Attachments for it. No additional cash. Paperback, Movie Tie-in.
- The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey – (Bought Februar 6, 2015) Fully Booked Katipunan, Hardbound, 760.00PhP
- Golden Son by Pierce Brown – (Bought February 11, 2015) Got my copy overseas from a good guy from Twitter. (Let me tell you the story as to how I acquired my copy. This started last December 2014.) When I went on bookstore hopping to find said book, I was disappointed to find out that our local bookstores won’t be receiving stocks anytime soon. When I got home I posted a tweet to Pierce Brown. My good friend @RedHelldiver replied and said that he was interested in sending me a (SIGNED) copy if I get 10 of my friends to read the first book in the series, Red Rising, and get them to tweet something about said book and mention him. After 3 days, all my friends did tweet him, and he immediately had the book shipped via USPS. It arrived on the 11th of February. Thank you, my good man! I am forever indebted to you! It’s Hardbound, and it costs 995.00PhP in our local bookstores.
- Fifty Shades of Grey Trilogy Boxed Set by E.L. James – (Bought February 20, 2015) – Bought this set from my good book friend, Mia Garcia for the same amount as the price at our local bookstores. Boxed Set, 995.00PhP
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard – (Bought February 21, 2015) Powerbooks Trinoma, Hardbound, 649.00Php
- Better Than Perfect by Melissa Kantor – (Bought February 25, 2015) Powerbooks Trinoma, Hardbound, 649.00Php
- Girl Online by Zoe Sugg – (Bought February 27, 2015) Powerbooks Trinoma, Hardbound, 649.00Php
After my January book haul, I accumulated a total of 10,930.00Php worth of receipts from Powerbooks, allowing me to sign up for their discount card for free. And after my application for said card, I was able to get some of these books with less 10% discounts! Life is good! And so is God! Thanks to Fully Booked, Powerbooks, and @RedHelldiver for my February Book Haul! I’ll post something like this again by the end of March! 🙂